Sunday, May 17, 2020

Just visited with my darling grandchildren and their parents - We all wore masks

These pix are from the other day.

 Bold Mr Chipmunk came right up to the porch steps. Shall we learn more about them?

Interesting. Take the time to read about them.

FROM  WIKI    Chipmunks have an omnivorous diet primarily consisting of seeds, nuts and other fruits, and buds.[11][12] They also commonly eat grass, shoots, and many other forms of plant matter, as well as fungi, insects and other arthropods, small frogs, worms, and bird eggs. They will also occasionally eat newly hatched baby birds.[11][12][13][14][15][16] Around humans, chipmunks can eat cultivated grains and vegetables, and other plants from farms and gardens, so they are sometimes considered pests.[11][17] Chipmunks mostly forage on the ground, but they climb trees to obtain nuts such as hazelnuts and acorns.[11][18] At the beginning of autumn, many species of chipmunk begin to stockpile nonperishable foods for winter. They mostly cache their foods in a larder in their burrows and remain in their nests until spring, unlike some other species which make many small caches of food.[11] Cheek pouches allow chipmunks to carry food items to their burrows for either storage or consumption.[12]


Hard to see but my red poppies did come back this year. One is on the left, thother on the right.


'
Thother day I walked down the street and handed out clumps of lilacs to all the neighbors.

Share the bounty!

Made a mask with the handkerchief of my dad. Can't find the apostrophe on here, tho I just did.

Nicole was drinking her cold Dunkin coffee, yum, she said she could live without it.

I may have told you while working on my short story THE BLUE ANGELS I drank vanilla almond milk.

I only noticed we ZOOMED at the very end. I showed them the dress I am wearing w/ earrings - yes - still wearing dress - and Beatriz showed us her lovely caftan.

Rem, our postal clerk, sent important feedback on my story, which I've lost, so told him to resend.

If I had my druthers I'd order a tuna hoagie from Silvio's deli.



Is your mouth watering like mine? It's only a picture.

When the kids came over, Grace Catherine was doing an acrobatic routine on the large back lawn.

Max was playing with his cars. There was a long lumber truck so he put pieces of sticks in the back.

He kept his cars in a Harry and David metal container.

I gave mine to Scott. He keeps his sewing materials in there, I think.

My friends Freda and Bernie, both 94, were profiled in a Paul's Run newsletter.

Such wonderful people!!!



Mon dieu!  The porches have ceiling fans.

I had to look up mon dieu for the spelling.

Moi!  The spelling champ in the fifth grade at Mercy Elementary in Shaker Heights, Ohio.



Here's a Mercer in Okinawa.

Dat's it for now.

Gonna munch on Snyder's Dippers and rock myself to sleep.

Where's my pacifier?



No comments:

Post a Comment