Saturday, May 16, 2020

My nephew Miles will graduate from Columbia University and more

Miles's mother told the Greenwold Girls about this.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, I wrote. It's from the film Mary Poppins.

I was so hot this morning I walked around the block in a dress.

I did enjoy my walk. Not a single person was out and about.

Saw my favorite house, the gray one at the end of the block.

Mom would have loved my dress. I tried wearing nice outfits when we visited on Sundays.



While walking around the block I saw a NAIL in the middle of the street.

What dyou think I did with it?

Certainly not this



I tossed it onto the sidewalk.

Watched several movies on YouTube this morning. All based on Ruth Rendell novels.

When Sarah and I went on one of our cruises, I first discovered Ruth Rendell. Since I hadn't finished one of her books, I took it home with me.

Took a while to read the entire book, after which I donated it to the Library.

Oh! A horrible thing happened when I went up to my bedroom today.

It was unmistakable. A big fat malodorous STINK BUG.

Grabbed a piece of paper and tried to flush it down the toilet.

It would not flush, so I carried it outside and hopefully drowned it in my watering can.

Last night I actually smelled it, but didn't know it was there.

Wrote an opinion column for the Times Chronicle called MAY IS MENTAL HEALTH MONTH.

Gotta write a short story by 2 30 today for our group.

Tell you what pisses me off about them. They share health information with one another. Then they say everything stays here.



May write a story about the Blue Angels.

BLUE ANGELS

Back at Village Green
a sound louder than thunder
took my breath away
War planes, flying in formation.

Never would I forget the thrill.
Even fifty years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment