Thursday, May 21, 2020

Poem: Dead Bee Lying on Kitchen Floor

DEAD BEE LYING ON MY KITCHEN FLOOR

I bent down and cradled her in my hand a moment

A beauty, that's for sure,

Waited for her wings to flutter

She would fly into the living room and gather nectar

from a huge magenta peony

which stands in silence like a statue

Her burial chamber, the soft wet grass

beside the house.

Honeybees’ importance in North America is less than you think

...

Just had lunch and watched a YouTube film. Since YouTube is my faithful companion, they always have a suggested film for me.

The Monkey's Cat was one of the worst films I've ever seen. I think the word that would apply is STUPID.

Why, then, did I continue watching?

Was eating my delicious salad with Russian dressing.

Plus I wanted to catch some needed Zzzzs.

And did.

...

And now I've gotta get my mail, come inside and wash my hands.

Oh, did I tell you what happened to my poor feets?

Was cutting my nails out on the back porch step. Made 2 deep cuts w scissors that drew blood.

Forewent putting on a Band-Aid.

They will heal by themselves.



Here I am at the Beechman's former house.

No comments:

Post a Comment