Thursday, May 7, 2020

Lovely walk around the block and more - Poem: Parched for Fresh Fruit

For some strange reason, I could not log onto my blog.

Sent Dan my user name and password, which I had written down, and he said It's working.

Whew!

You know how important this blog is to me, all 23 of you!

I fished into one of my drawers and found a new summer shirt to wear.

Blue and pink and made in Nicaragua!

Is Bianca Jagger from there?



Yes and she's a social activist.

Here she is at age 75.

What about Manuel Noreiga, one of the autocrats?


Born in 1938, he was behind the actual leader of the country, and died from complications of brain surgery in 1989.

View Wiki here.

He was a poor mestizo - combined heritage of indigenous American and Spanish descent - but went to military school and rose to be a great leader, that is, a tyrant.

Oh, I'm so proud of myself for remembering the definition of mestizo. Mestiza is female.

My Bulova clock arrived today in the mail. I put in the batteries myself. Double A.

It lights up in the darkness.




Yesterday I received a box of fresh fruit from THE VERMONT COUNTRY STORE. My friend Eric Melanson introduced me to it.

FRESH FRUIT !

Had two teeny tiny tangerines this morning.

 I'll tell you something. They are NOT tangerines as the skin does not fall off loosely.

The packing material included a huge piece of capital S Styrofoam and I am tempted to make something out of it.

Shall !?

PARCHED FOR FRESH FRUIT

Crunchy Romaine lettuce will do in a pinch
but aromatic lilacs will not
Give me the full treatment
crunchy Gala apples,
succulent spoon em out Pears
an Orange big as the morning sun

Contentment is mine.
If you see me stepping out
onto my front porch, you'll know
it's me, Ruth Z, enjoying the
fruits of the earth.




No comments:

Post a Comment