Sunday, May 10, 2020

Donations made in Mom's memory - Poem: Mom, I'm with you every day

Many donations were made in Mom's memory. What am I - Ruth Greenwold Deming - doing to honor her memory.

I try to be a better person. Scott, whom she always asked about, and I walked around the block today. Much of it was hilly and difficult.

I wave to most of the people to show camaraderie.

MOM, I'M WITH YOU EVERY DAY

April 21, seared in my mind
Ninety-seven, but we never thought
you'd die.
You haven't.
Your body co-exists with mine.

....

I don't really believe in an afterlife. Or the immortal soul.

What I do believe in is being our best self, rather hard to do, but I try.

Gonna eat some chow now and then sit on the bench on Scott's porch to read.

We watched Mildred Pierce this morning on TCM. Ann Blythe plays Mildred's daughter, who detests her mom for working as a waitress.




Yours during the deadly coronavirus.






No comments:

Post a Comment