Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Yes, I did try the new Blogger and am not happy with it!

As I began walking up hill on Sleighride, I thought, What if I pass out from heat stroke.

Not to worry, my thoughts were interrupted by one Bobby, the last remaining son of Luther Sanders, who was a nice enough neighbor.

He called me, Baby.

I set him straight and told him my name is Ruth and spelled it for him.

It's hard to find a job, he said, and said he was old fashioned and didn't use a computer.

My friend Sue strode by.

Here I am at your service, Ruth Z Deming.



It was my 70th birthday party.

Time goes by and now I'm 74.

Today is Wednesday, May 27 2020.

Woden's Day!

The Latin name dates to the late 2nd or early 3rd century. It is a calque of Greek ἡμέρα Ἕρμου (heméra Hérmou), a term first attested, together with the system of naming the seven weekdays after the seven classical planets, in the Anthologiarum by Vettius Valens (c. AD 170).
The Latin name is reflected directly in the weekday name in most modern Romance languagesMércuris (Sardinian), mercredi (French), mercoledì (Italian), miércoles (Spanish), miercuri (Romanian), dimecres (Catalan), Marcuri or Mercuri (Corsican), Mèrcore (Venetian). In Welsh it is Dydd Mercher, meaning Mercury's Day.
The Dutch name for the day, woensdag, has the same etymology as English Wednesday; it comes from Middle Dutch wodenesdagwoedensdag ("Wodan's day").

Oh, good Lord, let me get on with my Editor's Corner.

As I was falling asleep last night, after reading TESTIMONY by Scott Turow, a mosquito was flitting around on the ceiling.

I covered myself over with one of Sandy's blankets and hoped I wouldn't get bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment