Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Mail Truck Poem

THE MAIL TRUCK

Wherever I am in my house
My antennae are alert for
the chugging sound of the
United States mail truck.

Such surprises the mail carriers
bring. Today got a newsletter
from the Medical Mission Sisters
of Fox Chase, where, once I
trod their labyrinth, as did
a monster long ago in the land
of Crete.

The Sisters love Jesus and
praise his name. I cannot quibble
with that. In my bare feet here
in the living room, I await
Christ the Saviour to bathe my feet.

...



Look! He's actually waving to us.

I was conversing with Rem, who works behind the counter at the Roslyn, PO, and told him I'd write a poem about a mail truck.

The reason it took so long, maybe 20 minutes, was bc I kept refilling my bowl with pretzels.

Listened to Fresh Air earlier today. Molly Ball has wrin a bio of Nancy Pelosi.  Pelosi had five children when she was younger which sparked her ability to schmooze with the best of them.

She is certainly not afraid of President Trump and is well known for wagging her finger at him.

Submitted my short story LOST AT THE MALL to my writing group in the Valley Forge area. I was so mad, as I critiqued everyone, but they never got around to me.

Shall I drop out and become a nun?



Just watched Andrea Boccelli on Great Performances.

He sang his version of Nessen Dorma which gave me the chills.

My snack?  Two Compari Tomatoes dipped in mayo.



No comments:

Post a Comment