Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Lovely room from Architectural Digest - Poem for Abbott Laboratories

A dining room designed by Juan Pablo Molyneux features walls decorated in a tile mural by Atelier Promthe and curtains...

All I can say is WOW about this lovely room from Architectual Digest.

Here's a poem I mailed off this morning about receiving my free insulin meter from Abbott Labs.

Subject: Poem for Abbott Laboratories

I had written a letter to the CEO of Abbott Laboratories who make my diabetes meter, which conked out on me.

Couldn't resist sending him this poem this morning.

His address in Alameda, CA.

May 26, 2020

Thank you Abbott Laboratories.

Just received my Freestyle Light Diabetes Meter this morning.

How I missed it, like a newborn kitten, with those blinkin confused eyes like my Tiny Tears doll I had as a child.

To lower my blood sugar, 221, I went for a walk around the block.
American flags were out for Memorial Day Weekend, but I'd already taken mine in.

The rapist, whose name I forget, has legions of flags on his front lawn.  I was friends with his dad, ole Luther Sanders, and would bring him chow. We'd relax with Folger's Coffee he'd make in his Mister Coffee.

The person I miss the most is next door neighbor, Eileen, whose mind worsened with dementia, so they put her in Riverside, in Abington, Pennsylvania.

Her mind is a goner, now.

So thank you, Mr. Abbott, for your contribution.

...

Neighbors, and I don't even know their names, are aimlessly walking around the block.

I discovered spider webs over my living room door and dragged out my small ladder and dusted them off with a Swifter. Threw it in the trash. Can just imagine it spritzing all over my My Lady Kenmore mom bought me years ago.

...

Man, that bean soup was awfully good.

Got a thank you note from RIVARD REPORT in the San Antonio TX area.

Residents at 1221 Broadway Lofts have started to return to the community swimming pool after stay-at-home orders are lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment