Thursday, May 14, 2020

Donations I made today - Poem: My beautiful yellow house

From my seat on Red Couch, I see the lovely honeysuckle vine growing in several places.



Soon it will bloom and DESTROY everything around it.

Will go out the morrow and blow the ship down.

Must wear gardening gloves.

Deal!



Why do the penniless insist on making donations?

25 to the healthcare workers at Einstein Medical Center where I got my kidney transplant.

And 25 to the Rivard Report of San Antonio, TX, which offers great reporting.

View Rivard Report here.

The writers Iris Dimmick and Shari Biediger are terrific.

Did I tell you I rewrote I HATE MARRIAGE ?

Am waiting for Rem, the postal clerk, to review it. Sister Lynn already did.

Went for a walk an hour ago and wore my fluffy hat from CVS, a warm grey sweater I chose this morning from my Sweater Drawer - the drawers are labeled - and my blue herringbone slacks that keep me warm.

Altho they do slide down on my legs.

I like staying in my living room where the light pours in.

Mom, have I thanked you today for my beautiful yellow house?

MY BEAUTIFUL YELLOW HOUSE

When I would drive, before the pandemic drove me in,
with a motion like a ballerina, Julie Wordon, for example,
I'd pliee on pink ballet slippers
and admire my house,
my own Swan Lake
with the prince living next door.

I'LL TELL YOU SOMETHING. This poem didn't come out the way I thought it would.



No comments:

Post a Comment