Thursday, May 5, 2022

The Egg and I

 That is the name of a book by Betty MacDonald. Let us check to make sure.

Yep. 

So I'm watching a press conference by Jan Psaki who will be leaving for MSNBC and I walk across my carpeted floor when what do I see?

A brown egg, right there on the carpet.

Good Lord.

I put it in the fridge and then open up my bag of sweet peppers.

Wonderful. And yes I washed it off.

Then I pop open a can of V-8.

Oh there goes Patrick into his garage. He has used his garage door opener.

A moment ago a robin came walking up the sidewalk toward my house.

Am watching ROAD TO PERDITION on Netflix.

Apparently Matt Damon stars. I shall not return. Am not interested in the plot. Gangsters killing and seeking revenge.

I still can't believe WILLIAM HURT is dead. 

Let us look him up. 

William McChord Hurt[1][2] (March 20, 1950 – March 13, 2022) was an American actor. He studied at the Juilliard School and began acting on stage in the 1970s. Hurt's film debut was in Ken Russell's science-fiction feature Altered States, released in 1980, for which he received a Golden Globe nomination for New Star of the Year. In 1981, he played a leading role in the neo-noir Body Heat, with Kathleen Turner.

Hurt garnered three consecutive nominations for the Academy Award for Best Actor, for Kiss of the Spider Woman (1985), Children of a Lesser God (1986), and Broadcast News (1987), winning for the first of these.

Hurt remained an active stage actor throughout the 1980s, appearing in off-Broadway productions including Henry VFifth of JulyRichard II and A Midsummer Night's Dream. Hurt received his first Tony Award nomination in 1985 for the Broadway production of Hurlyburly.


  • William Hurt died of complications of prostate cancer. Cause of Death Hurt was diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer in May 2018 and had already spread to his bones. He died on March 13, 2022, at the age of 71, from complications of the disease at his home in Portland, Oregon, just one week before his 72nd birthday.


William Hurt was the finest actor of the past generation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment