Sunday, May 29, 2022

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND - with loads of films on TCM

 https://paulbeckmanstories.com/about

Can you read PAUL BECKMAN'S SHORT STORIES?

I have never heard of him but he has published dozens and dozens of short stories on the above link.

...

This morning, which seems like eons away, I watched BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK on Turner Classic Films.


Watched about 20 minutes and then fell fast asleep.

Eddie Muller kept mentioning in the film that everyone was afraid of him. He knew a secret, that a Japanese man had been viciously killed. Eddie Muller in the afterward said president Reagan passed a law to forbid that.

Then I went back to Scott's to watch a war film called STEEL HELMET.

It was a 1951 film about the Korean War and was awful. 


I never knew Spencer Tracy was an alcoholic. Did you?

Finally had a few moments alone. Sat on Scott's bench and read a book by Haruki Murakami called AFTER DARK.

Took place at Denny's. That is right. Denny's Diner.

We used to eat there and thought nuffin of it. Okay, so the food was not very good. It still was a blast eating there.


If you want, you can buy stock in the place.

HARUKI MURAKAMI. Gonna practice writing his name. 

Last night I practiced MICHAEL CRUPAIN and MICHAEL ROIZEN. These may or may not be correct. 

These fellers tell you 'the right way to eat.'

Using circadian rhythms.

...

Two things are bothering me now. When I came in the house from Scott's bench, there were dozens of ants on the outside of my door.

And the death of Iris Goodman from Shaker Heights, Ohio.

Possibly sister Lynn's friend Jeanne left sympathy cards in the huge bag.

Ellen and I will sign one.

...

Imperative we go outside and bury a bulb which will turn into - tulips?


Otherwise the water will fester.

Was that Fester Parker?


And of course I had my own Coonskin hat.

And you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment