Sunday, May 8, 2022

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY - Elegy for Susan Diener

 

My sister Ellen sent me this, wishing me a Happy Mother's Day.  

Just called BERNIE SAMUELS at Paul's Run. He is doing very well. Mind is sharp.

Told him that on a miserable day like today I am drinking hot coffee.

FOLGER'S to be exact, with COWBELL HONEY inside.

Scuse me while I slurp.

...

I tested positive for COVID, which means I have the disease. Scott helped me with the test. He is fine.

...

Susan Diener, my childhood friend from Shaker Heights, is dead.

My sister Donna sent me an obit notice from Susan's nephew Ken Diener. My questions are, How did she die, how was she identified and did he - Ken - know her at all.

MORE COFFEE PLEASE.



This is the photo of Susan T Diener listed in the obit.

Lived on Rye Road near Belvoir Oval.   

ELEGY FOR SUSAN T DIENER

We both graduated from Shaker Heights High School
class of 64
Her father was deep voiced Stanley, mom was Blanche
Tragedy had struck before her birth
a son was killed by meningitis

Susan tried hard to replace the son. A relative Joan Diener
sang in Man of La Mancha. But Susan could not sing.
She and I batted tennis balls at Byron Junior High, gorgeous back then with a swimming pool

The obit says she worked at odd jobs, a nanny, dog walker,
and attended various colleges but always dropped out

WHO WERE YOU, Susan Diener, the last time I saw you was at
Dad's funeral at Uncle Marv's house in Cleveland. Confusion stalked you
and I could not make out who you were.

Not all stories end unhappily.
This one did. Except for the ones
who loved her, and I suppose I did,
though she was mean to me.
I suppose I did,
Susan T Diener.



No comments:

Post a Comment