Monday, May 30, 2022

MOM'S ASHES COME HOME TO ROOST

 Sister Ellen and I go shopping.

AND thanks, Ellen, for this delicious coffee.

Oops, I just sipped on Ada's BIG HEART COFFEE N TEA.

Not bad.

Yesterday, May 29, was a big day for us.

Mommy's ashes returned home. Visiting were Sister Lynn, friend Carlos Guerrero, boyfriend Scott and sister Ellen who now lives here. 

Twas also the birthday of the late Wendy Golden Davidson I met at Goddard College in Plainfield, VT.

Like my friend Lorraine S, my electrologist, both of them were frightened by what was ailing them, SO THEY DIED.

Tis delightfully cool in my house.

Ellen drove us to TUESDAY MORNING, which is like an old Woolworth's Department Store. It is located near Robin Hood Restaurant, which features great matzoh ball soup, or as we call it, Knedlach Soup, right Mom?

Before Ellen and I left, I smeared on Neutrogena lotion, number 50. I remember my kidney doctor telling me to wear this amount and to always wear GLOVES when I garden.

Am sipping water in a cup I bought a couple yrs ago at a local garage sale. 

Looks sort of like this:


Ellen and I drove past our old house on Gantt Drive. The phone number was 215 947 2311.

Ellen is getting used to watching passersby. Who is that man with bare chest and tattoos?

Undoubtedly Bob. 

What? You want me to write a poem?

Be right back. 

MOM AND AUNT ETHEL bought me this house on Cowbell Road

If only they could come and see it

It's not quite fair, but is often how the world works

Aunt Ethel's photo lies on my white dresser that was once hers

Mom's photo is in my bedroom on the closet door

And yes we remember all the people - thousands -

who passed through our lives - including Aunt Sylvie and Uncle Maury -

Life! It ain't what we thought it was when we was born. 


Great nature show on Netflix. Again, the South African Penguin.

Done in humorous yet frightening manner.


No comments:

Post a Comment