Friday, May 27, 2022

Memorial Day Weekend

 Went outside and said hello to John, Allison's husband. She is doing well. A few months pregnant, I would say. What a happy time,

They have FLORIDA license plates. She wanted to work at Disney World. 


Ages ago when I lived with Aunt Hy in California, I visited Disneyland.

Really spectacular.

When Curtis and I left, I gave a family the rest of our tickets.

E x p e n s i v e !  They thanked us profusely.

Was up at the crack of dawn and walked around the block, the long way. Had energy to spare.

The previous night I opened my BEST SHORT STORIES and read TO BUILD A FIRE by Jack London.

While we don't like the main character as he thinks he can beat the system, we feel sorry for him as he is losing ground and his blood is freezing.

Yes he is freezing to death. 


Here I am sipping my HOT COFFEE and enjoying myself.

Mr Eugene, the mail man, put a heap of mail in the mail box, all with a rubber band around it.

Hard to have a philosophical discussion in three seconds!

Just ate a can of tuna, in which I put Hellmann's mayo, and grape tomatoes.

Do you know the volume called THE SEVEN STOREY MOUNTAIN by Thomas Merton?

Yes I love religious literature. 


ELEGY for Iris Goodman

They were good people, my cousins,

Everyone loved Iris, Goodman, a woman

not expected to die.

We ask ourselves, Where do you go when you die?

Does the Lord await you

Enfold you in his golden arms

Same ones that met you at the Well

A millennium ago, or two.

Perhaps all we will get is a piece of

buttered matzoh with salt

do not forget the salt

I fear we will get nothing

nothing at all when we die.

Tell us, Judy Diaz, are you swinging on a star

while I look after your porcelain pot in my front yard

the remains of the dead.

...

Scott and I were driving home from GIANT and we saw little kids playing at an outdoor nursery school.  Happy as pie. But you can bet what we were all thinking.

The Texas shooting in Uvalde.  

No comments:

Post a Comment