Thursday, September 22, 2022

Beatriz is on her last legs - Ellen drives me to Creative Writing Group

Below is an email I got from THE BEEHIVE, our writing group. It is very sad as our Leader is dying.

I called up several friends to see if this was good care. It is not!

 I went to visit Beatriz today, and I got to meet up with her family. She is deteriorating more now. She’s not talking much at all, less than what she had been, and she hasn’t been eating much or sheets very little at her meals. She does thrush in bed a lot as she’s very  Uncomfortable She’s got some bruises on her arms too. What I’m trying to bring out is if you had been thinking about going to visit, now would probably be a good time. Continue praying for her. A lot of her family spending time with her this weekend. But I was able to visit. And that was good. Barbara of the Balloons.

Sent from my iPhone

 I went to visit Beatriz today, and I got to meet up with her family. She is deteriorating more now. She’s not talking much at all, less than what she had been, and she hasn’t been eating much or sheets very little at her meals. She does thrush in bed a lot as she’s very  Uncomfortable She’s got some bruises on her arms too. What I’m trying to bring out is if you had been thinking about going to visit, now would probably be a good time. Continue praying for her. A lot of her family spending time with her this weekend. But I was able to visit. And that was good. Barbara of the Balloons.

Sent from my iPhone

......

Attended my CREATIVE WRITING GROUP this morning, driven by sister Ellen. I called my piece SIGN AND DATE HERE.

Attendees were Eva Priestly, head, who really knows her writing, Stacy and the continuing saga of her homeless daughter - dunno if it's based on reality, which is possible....

Rhonda who painted a lovely autumn picture

Helen, who wrote a colorful story of living at Married Student Housing - where I cannot remember - but they were all terrible - bug and roach infested. Possibly in Virginia. I mentioned I lived in Married Student Housing at the University of Texas at Austin.

There I saw the BLIND POET OF THE ARGENTINE, Jorge Luis Borges.

Joanne read something she had just finished this morning, like me.

Al also read from his enormous black tome with holes punched inside. 

Vern was there with emotional caregiver dog Abby, a darling.  

,,,,,,,,,

What? 3 pm already!

What will be my next brilliant move? 

Oh!  Our teacher Eva read something brilliant. A chapter from her book TRAVELING WITH MY SISTER. 

........

Kalie across the street is barking. That means the Mailman is on his way.

And I will go outside - it is very bright - and read one of my new library books.

....

Actually I read my mail on the bench on Scott's porch. 

The executive director of the Abington Library is Elizabeth Fitzgerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment