Wednesday, September 14, 2022

POEM: THE STREET WHERE I LIVE

THE STREET WHERE I LIVE


After my first cup of coffee

I went out to the Yellow Plastic Bin

to throw in envelopes, advertisements

disingenuous political ads, 

music blared from my living room speakers

"Gone daddy gone

gone away"


The white dog Kalie

with the beautiful face

barked "This is my street!"

"This is my street!"


Who am I to argue?


My mind, often addled, wonders

what other adults live on my street

I barely know them


Patrick the beekeeper who sends me

jars of Cowbell Honey, the Adams Family

with their fanciful arrangement of

flower beds and borders


Eric, shirtless, leading his dog

Charlie, which they pronounce Cholly

round these parts


And the late Charlie, my favorite,

who pitied me when I first moved in

a single woman he had a yen for


Did he try to steal a kiss? So long ago

I can't remember.


I plan to live here until I die.

Ask the question, they said on the Suicide Program

last night.

Are you thinking of killing yourself?

Dial 988, Dial 988.


Oh, I already have a plan and here is

what I will do.

Absolutely nothing. Nothing at all.

Just don't toss me in the Yellow Plastic Bin. 

,,,,


Clint Eastwood Jr is still alive at 92. Started off in Rawhide where he played Rowdy. 

All his films have great music. 

....

Elvira Madigan was reviewed by the late Roger Ebert, who had subtle things to say about the two lovers who made a suicide pact.

Called them selfish. 

Since I did see the film many years ago, I will always remember Mozart's Symphony 21 that dramatized the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment