Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Learn how to love

 


You are born again

Millard Grove Deming

this time in Caracas Venezuela

September 6, 1946.


Your daddy a sot

Your mom a tough fierce

jaw-clenching female

from the Smith family


Loyal she was until 

he practically killed someone

with his car and then

she quit him.


He and I found each other

in the resort town of New Hope

I was looking to get married

so we did.


From the attic at home in Huntingdon Valley

I took down a short white Evan Picone dress

We were so in love

For about a month.


Stayed with him while Sarah

and then Dan was born

For the sake of the children

I left him. The man had no idea

no idea atall how to love


It grieves me

Grieves me and makes me cry

The white dress

His pink shirt he wore

Married by Mom's fireplace


A smattering of relatives there

Jon Katz drove down 

Dammit Millard Mike Deming


If only you'd tried harder

September 6, 1946


No comments:

Post a Comment