Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Just came inside from reading RIVERMAN outside plus poem A Proper Burial

 I had to drag the lawn chair - very heavy - to a part where I could see in order to read.

Altho I don't wanna cast aspersions against the subject of the book RIVERMAN: An American Odyssey by Ben McGrath, the guy is more than eccentric. Is mentally unbalanced a better term?

The neighborhood kids were playing basketball down the street.

Only watched half of the PBS News Hour. Judy Woodruff wears spiked heels when she interviews big wigs and doesn't let them off the hook when they prevaricate. Is that the right word or as we say en francias le mot juste?

Riparian is a word I must look up. I did not bring my pocket Webster's outside. 

My income taxes arrived in the mail from Joquin. They really do a great job organizing everything and even putting STAMPS on the envelopes. 

Will mail everything tomorrow and will put a FOR SALE sign in front of my house as I'll be bankrupt. 

Ghantous told me to double my Tacrolimus morning and night.

My bookmark in RIVERMAN is a leaf, now dried up. 

The book lacks a bar code. 

A PROPER BURIAL

For two days a honeybee
lay unblinking on the sidewalk

Bending down, I cradled her
in my hand, then gently
put her on the grass.

No prayers needed.
I believe in the sanctity of life
and she will be at one with the earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment