Thursday, September 15, 2022

Here comes the Green Monstrosity

 Yes, the enormous garbage can is squeeking and squealing down the street and I am there to wave a thank you.

Went outside way before dawn to get rid of loads of unmentionables - tissues, envelopes, Sierra Club magazines (before bed last night I looked over two and they were awful) 

GIANT DIRECT was here very early - earlier than expected - and were out of a great many items.

Although today is Thursday I will not attend my Creative Writing Group at the Warminster Library. 

But what if I feel like writing something? 

Oh, I could write the ROBERTSONS a real letter!?

Way too lazy, no, tired, exhausted.

My breakfast: two eggs, a handful of green beans (Ellen eats em) and onto the entire egg thingee I sprinkled salt and pepper.

Our president Joe Biden has temporarily halted an AMTRAK train strike.

Scuse me. Upstairs I go to read THE GUEST LIST a choice of our library monthly book. Author is Lucy Foley.

A female character is named OE,,, something. I looked up the name and it is pronounced EEFA. Is that right?


WALK BEFORE DAWN

After tossing the garbage into the yellow plastic bin

I walked briskly down my street

Hello Bob, I said to Bob and Lulu, 

He mumbled something I didn't understand

I walked on and looked hungrily at each and every garbage can

- we of the green bodies and yellow tops

The beekeeper was throwing away the innards of a dishwasher

and I, RZD, have come upstairs to read.

But only after downing three Triscuits, nice and salty and tasty.


Thank you Wiki Darling

The Shredded Wheat Company began producing Triscuit in 1903 in Niagara Falls, New York.[2] The name Triscuit is believed by some to have come from a combination of the words "electricity" and "biscuit".[3] At least one early advertisement boasted that Triscuits were "Baked by Electricity,” claiming they were "the only food on the market prepared by this 1903 process."[4] Each wafer measured 2.25 by 4 inches (5.7 cm × 10.2 cm), and remained that size for nearly twenty-one years. The ovens were then altered and the cracker size changed to 2-inch (51 mm) squares.[2]

In 1928, the Shredded Wheat Company was purchased by Nabisco.[5]

In 1935, producers began spraying the crackers with oil and adding salt. In 1984, additional flavor choices were introduced and the crackers were made crispier.

No comments:

Post a Comment