Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Lay in bed reading with my CPAP on and more - SUICIDE PROGRAM on PBS

 As you know, I am strapped in and cannot leave my bed.

Finished the book THE WRIGHT BROTHERS by the late David McCullough. 

I was reaching for THE GUEST LIST by Lucy Foley but could not find it.

,,,,

The suicide program was excellent.

I learned a lot.

You are biding your time until the suicidal thoughts pass. IF they will pass.

Years ago, in the middle of the night, "John" came over to my house acutely suicidal.

Get in my car, I told him.

I walked him into Abington Hospital and told the crisis worker to stay with him.

Good luck, I said to him.

Turns out, they did a TERRIBLE JOB.

John had slit his throat and walked back home to Warminster. 

He is still alive, a talented man, who writes poetry. 

....

The Hemingway Family was also profiled, showing that in several cases suicide is genetic.

Or, it is a combination of all the good things, bad things, insults and traumas you have faced.

...

In one of our New Directions support groups, a man I will call Tom was fooling around and I told him to be quiet.

Later on, I found out he had killed himself.

Oftentimes, laughing is a way of hiding your true feelings.

There is a progression. Stress, what people expect of me, depression, impulsivity. Not everyone will take their own lives, but too many people do.

Dial 988 for help.

This was repeated over and over. 

....

In a moment I will take my LAB TESTS at Quest Diagnostics in Jenkintown PA. 

As an adult with Sarah's kidney inside, I wanna live a long and healthy life.


No comments:

Post a Comment