Saturday, June 4, 2022

Walk early as somer is a comin' on

 Hi, it's me, Ruth Z Deming. Just got home from walking around the block. 

We all have the same idea I said to some walkers and dog walkers. 

GO EARLY.

Watched a cement truck pour concrete into a wheel barrow and deliver it to the back yard of the house where a black jockey is on the front lawn.


Racist? You decide. 

Last night I sat out on the front lawn, here on Cowbell Road, and chatted with Bill and Stacey Adams. And then Mike Kallum. I asked if they thought it was okay if I left the lawn chairs, donated to us by Mike Kramer and family, right where they were.

Yes, was the resounding answer.


Here is the dog - Buddy? - and asked "Madina" - finally asked her name - if she was from Ukraine. No, she said. Things are terrible there, I said, after watching the PBS Nightly News and reading the JUNE ATLANTIC, where Anne Applebaum was the reporter.

I ate a huge American-Jewish-IF Singer breakfast, then washed it down with Dawn detergent, I mean, hot Folger's flavorless coffee.

All I wanted to do was walk in the sunshine down my street.

Wore a long yellow shift, you might call it, and a Chico's jacket. Removed the jacket and lamented I was not wearing sunscreen.

Also thought of a new resolve for the remaining days of my life.

One is Do not return to the dentist. 

Do you think that was on Stephen Weinstein's mind as he was dying of cancer? 

Doubtful. He was probly thinking of the new Letter to the Editor he could write and make a difference in the world. 


THE VENNERI GROUP  Arguably these are the best dentists I have ever seen.

The old man passed. Doreen and Joe flank him. 

While making my breakfast I asked ALEXA to play jazz, which she did.

Tentatively, my next book will be called LIVING WELL WITH DEMENTIA. 

First though gonna sit outside - or inside - and read FOUR BOOKS - to fill my mind with new thoughts, strange thoughts even - as this has been a habit with me since I was a young girl.

Listen to Somer is a comin in.

Click here


Long distance haulers, like Ellen's Saint Anthony. 

Film noir this morning... a great one called OUT OF THE PAST. 

At the end they all get what's coming to them.

BANG BANG BANG

When they topple from the car in slo-mo, I think it sticks in the mind of Arthur Penn, who did the love of violence film, BONNIE AND CLYDE.

Two absolute creeps.


No comments:

Post a Comment