Wednesday, June 15, 2022

ICARUS, aka Eiko Fan - Poem about flying

 

EIKO FAN in her wooden costume. I interviewed her many moons ago for ART MATTERS. 

She won a  2012 Leeway Transformation Award and the 1998 Window of Opportunity Grant.

AND SHE IS STILL PERFORMING. 

READ MORE AT 

https://asianartsinitiative.org/artists/featured-artists/eiko-fan

.....

I stood atop a red roof in a suburb of Philadelphia

Hot as a lemon meringue pie with graham cracker crust

I flapped my wings and sailed down down down to the ground

Dogs barked - so many so many - finally I swooped over backyard swimming pools

Not yet ready to land

My toes - my red painted toes - felt the relief of cold water

A child bounced off a diving board

scaring me half to death and then then

like an astronaut I flew away never to be seen again. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment