Thursday, June 2, 2022

Photo of retiring Sheryl Sandberg

This is Sheryl Sandberg who is retiring from Meta. READ MORE as I tell you why I took this foto. 


For more than a decade, Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg began and ended each week by meeting together.

The symbolism of the ritual was clear. It was intended to signal that Mr. Zuckerberg, the chief executive of Meta, and Ms. Sandberg, the chief operating officer, were in lock step with each other at the top of the company.

But when Ms. Sandberg, 52 - born 1969 - said on Wednesday that she would step down from Meta this fall, she crystallized an unspoken change at the tech giant: Mr. Zuckerberg no longer has any clear No. 2.

While Mr. Zuckerberg named Javier Olivan, a longtime executive, to take over Ms. Sandberg’s job when she departs, the importance of the chief operating officer role has diminished at Meta, which was formerly known as Facebook. Mr. Zuckerberg, 38, instead has four executives who have equally large responsibilities and who answer to and run major decisions by him.

.....

I simply loved the woman's picture. Is she the one who fell off a treadmill?


NO. 


Sandberg married Brian Kraff in 1993 and divorced a year later.[64] In 2004, she married Dave Goldberg, then an executive with Yahoo! and later CEO of SurveyMonkey.[1][46][65] The couple has a son and a daughter.[66] Sandberg and Goldberg frequently discussed being in a shared earning/shared parenting marriage.[67] Sandberg also raised the issue of single parenting conflicting strongly with professional and economic development in America.[68]


On May 1, 2015, Dave Goldberg died unexpectedly, and his death was originally reported as resulting from sustaining a head trauma falling from a treadmill, while the couple was vacationing in Mexico.[69][70] 


Sandberg has subsequently said that her husband's cause of death was due to an arrhythmia, and not due to falling from a treadmill.[71]


As my 10 readers know, I lost my balance when I stepped outside my door earlier today, and flopped down on the hard cement.


I elevated my foot, toes, and butt on an ice pack and took a couple of generic Tylenol, but the pain is pretty powerful. Thank you Sister Ellen for ministering to me.


AND now I shall lie down in bed, comforted by both Tylenol AND three books I am reading.


Suddenly the books got really good!


Shit happens! 



This book by E Lockhart is an award winner and mighty strange. One line haunts me.


Granddad lost his mind.


Don't you dare say that about me!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment