Thursday, December 5, 2019

My new book of short stories - wink wink - Poem Red Cyclamen

Coach Iris asked me when am I going to write a collection of my short stories?

I have, I replied.

It's called GWEN IFILL IS DEAD AND OTHER SHORT STORIES BY RUTH Z DEMING.

Got all of my postcards out for this morning. Ginny, Rozzie and Linda Marie.

Delicious coffee for breakfast.

Powdered coffee from Israel, which I just happened to find at the Giant, with a bit of olive oil and real maple syrup.

It's quite good!



Let's write a poem to celebrate today:



RED CYCLAMEN

Red red red
forever looking upward
at Galileo's galaxies
millions of light years away.

Closing my eyes, I find myself
scrambling up to Io, one of Jupiter's
many moons.

You think the earth is violent?
They fight, they rumble, they terrorize
on beautifully named
Io.

No comments:

Post a Comment