Sunday, December 22, 2019

The Law Professor and more are published - Poem: Begging for Money

So I'm at the Giant and I pull in head-first next to a car where an older gent is getting into his car.

Don't worry, says I, I'm not gonna bop you.

He laffs and we start to talk.

I show him my cardboard box and tell him that instead of bags, I use this for my groceries. I also mention I'm reading THE FIRST BOOK OF QUANTAM PHYSICS.

Steve tells me he was a chemist all his life, made good money, but then was downsized. He wasn't worried due to his savings account, but could not find a job.

He was quite unhappy. Finally he found a job at the IRS. Terribly boring but it was a secure job with great benefits.

We said goodbye to one another.

<>

THE LAW PROFESSOR is my newest short story. Rem critiqued it, tho I sent it to my sister Lynn, who didn't understand the ending. Now she does, tho. Also sent it to Ellen Rosenberg who loved it and said it flowed very well.



Here's our late friend Ron Abrams. He was so depressed I would call him and give him assignments like ride your bike and I'll call you later to make sure you did.

I added a few extra touches and then mailed it to Scarlet Leaf Review.

Roxana emailed me the very same day - last night - and told me it would be featured in the next issue of Scarlet Leaf.

Fabulous, just fabulous.

Gotta run downstairs now and put the sheets into the dryer.

Done! My dryer is the original from when I moved here in 1989, a Whirlpool.

Sarah and Ethan will be here today. So will Ellen Rosenberg and boyfriend St. Anthony.

<>
This morning I got the okay that my short story YE OLD GAOL CELL will be published in Pure Slush.

Whoopie!!!

Am eating my delicious omelet now. Everything's in it including some eggshells, good for calcium, methinks.

Wanted to leave early to check the ND post office box but a sheet of frost and ice is covering the cars here in Huntington Dales, the name of our development.

BEGGING FOR MY MONEY

In the cardboard box
where the rejects rest
until garbage day
are the Morris Dees'
Southern Poverty Law Center
UNICEF for impoverished children
another request from WXPN
Herb Lamb, my newspaper carrier.

Is this the world the Lord hath made?

Would my Quantum Physics book
even know if there's a Lord?

Still, I lie in bed and pretend
God answers our prayers.




No comments:

Post a Comment