Sunday, December 22, 2019

Gas is fifty cents off

Ellen and St Anthony couldn't make it for lunch since she had a flare-up of her bad foot. "Bad" means excruciatingly awful.

Good film noir this morning. I'm sure, I said to Scott, I won't fall asleep. Next thing I knew I was waking up but most of the film CASH ON DEMAND was still on.

Cash on Demand FilmPoster.jpeg

Eddie Mueller loved it and mentioned the hierarchy at the bank.

This is one film I'd watch again.

Went to get gas this morning. Where's the gas station, I asked sleeping Scott. He told me Terwood and then make a left.

I got fifty cents off.

Pulled into the busy station, you never know which lane to get into, but a sign said "Extra long hoses" so I tried to stretch the hose into my gas tank to no avail.

A nice fellow named Wayne helped me.

A woman came out and said you'll have to start all over again.

Wayne, do me a favor, I said. Please back up my car.

He did, scrunching into the front seat.

////
From my friend Rem: Just got back from my sister's. Met my nieces, their hubbies, my grand niece and grand nephew, and their dog Tonka, and my sister's Jack Russell, Moose. Dinner was great--salmon! The Sam's Market cheesecake and pumpkin pie were a hit.--Rem


///////

Ate at Mom's. Lynn made a scrumptious lunch. Her usual but also with holiday cookies. Oh well, I thought, I'll go on my bike when I get home.

Will do it when Pride and Prejudice comes on PBS.

//////

Since I got YE OLDE GAOL CELL published by Pure Slush I needed to scan it and send it back signed, dated, with my address.

He's very good at this. Then Linda Barrett came over with her mom and he did it for her, too.

Should I go upstairs and watch the horrible news?



No comments:

Post a Comment