Wednesday, December 18, 2019

New Directions Holiday Meeting 2019 - Today's Poem Coca Cola


First, we discussed our challenges and asked where would each of us spend Christmas, my 74th b'day.

The phone rang just now. I hoped it would be my son inviting me over. It was CVS.

I wore my Chico's sweater and read my poem about it

MY CHICO'S SWEATER

In a suburb of Beijing
neutral colors of Polyesters
move slowly in the mid-day sun.

Different styles they have
mine has matching ribbing
along the cuffs and the wide bottom

Remarkably silent the herd of
Polyesters have only one purpose
in life: to attract a woman from
the UK, New Zealand, Dubai, Ethiopia
and everywhere a discerning woman
can be found

They make her feel loved whenever
she puts it on. Soft as cashmere,
soft as Charmin or newly washed hair by
Portia at the Hair Cuttery and that
was truly spectacular!

When we left the meeting - and Ada does a great job driving me home in the dark - we left Nelson some holiday treats.

Carole's outstanding Spinach Dip with crackers n dark pumpernickel to dip with
Margie, wearing a Santa hat, brought many different foods including COCA COLA,


delicious cookies with glitter on top, and I brought my remaining cornbread, which I'd made with my next-door neighbors.

BTW, the caffeinated Coke had no effect on me. I immediately composed a note to our group, writing BRAVO to Ed Lakota for his SINGALONG. He gave us all red sheets for the lyrics. Boy, did I ever enjoy that!

After the meeting I biked for half an hour.

I haven't a single greeting card to send anyone. I may have to fashion one myself.

COCA COLA

What a thrill to hold a can of Coke
and twist open the lid
Would it spill open like the
Fountains of Versaille

First, I thought, I'll drink it
ladylike out of a cup, and then thought

Hell, no, and tipped back my head
to suck the warm delicious soda
straight into my awaiting throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment