Thursday, December 19, 2019

I was up until 4 am and then I heard a strange sound - GARBAGE MORNING

These photographs are from the NY Times. At Willets Point in the Bronx a shantytown junkyard employs men who are illegal aliens, have no passports or papers, but the junkyard will soon be torn down to make way for the usual suburban sprawl of townhouses, grocery stores, restaurants, etc etc.

I

I forgot to save the photos I have, so I'll just post this one.

I got interested in junkyards when I used to drive young Dan to a comic book store near Montgomery Mall.

I also visited Bullock's in Warrington and Biello's in Elkins Park.

They let me in since I said I was a reporter, which was true.

< >

Am making great progress in watching DIRTY JOHN. There are 8 episodes, so it is not endless, which it seems.



Great acting. Based on a true story.

Can't wait to see how it ends, Oh, says Edward Espe Brown of Tassajara, it's the journey that counts, don't be in a rush but cherish every moment.

Yes SIR, I mean your highness. I mean your monkness. Oh, I think he's a brother.

Pardon me, he's a Buddhist priest.

Edward Espe Brownan

GARBAGE  EVE

In my clogs and polka dot pajamas
I dashed out the front door and eyed
the yellow plastic bins as brutal
winds sought to suck me into the air
and send me sailing into the eye
of the hurricane.

Luck was mine. But when I curled up
in bed I felt like I was in a two-seat
privy with chattering teeth and
frostbitten toes.

<>

They're making a new film of Little Women
by Louisa May Alcott.

I never read the book, so I went online
and read the first chapter. She's an excellent writer
with excellent characterizations.

<>
I also pulled out my book 100 best reads for a single night.
What a great book, so well written. Half the books I've
never heard of. It's by two brothers, John Major and
David Major.

I had to go upstairs three times as I couldn't remember their
names.

Just gave mailman Dante a Xmas gift - $20 in an envelope
reading Happy Holidays. As I was running to catch him in
his parked mail truck, I thought, I should have written
Dante Alighiari.

AND NOW, if you'll excuse me, it's Dirty John to the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment