Saturday, December 14, 2019

"Uncle Judge" published in Adelaide Literary Review - Poem: CVS in one big billboard

My short story Uncle Judge was just published in Adelaide Literary Review.

Read it here.

Every Weds I would drive to the Warminster Library for my creative writing class with Eva Priestly. I'd pass the famous - to us - Catholic School - Archbishop Wood.

I combined the story with many other things. My late friend Judy Diaz had married friends, one of whom was a Judge. His wife was an artist.

I was on the phone, holding onto CVS to reorder my Losartin, 25 mg, to preserve kidney function along with Tacky and Pred, fraternal twins, for 7 minutes and could not stand anudder minute of their g'dam commercials, so I hung up.

CONSUMER VALUE STORES

CVS has become a billboard
on the highway heading for
The Great Plains States

Meds? Forget it.
Lipstick, sickeningly sweet
candy, beauty mags that
make women feel bad about
their bodies, dysmorphic disorder,

And like my recent phone call
to them, the billboard sings
for the worst six seconds
of your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment