Tuesday, December 17, 2019

At least it wasn't snow - Poem: Chico's sweater

Thwack thwack thwack, the sound of my window wipers at top speed. Look if the people at Keystone Screw could make it to work in the cold and rain, then I can drive to CVS Pharmacy.

Wore my Storm King cap to shield me somewhat from the hard-hitting rain.



In addition to Losartin, to protect my kidneys, I bought diabetic socks and a darling over-the-ears hat for $10.

When I awoke, Cowbell was a sheet of ice and so was my car.

While waiting for the ice to melt, I watched a YouTube program about the killing of the Russian tzars. Since they were so secretive no one knew why they employed Rasputin. The youngest boy had hemophilia and the mysterious Rasputin - such a Dostoevskian name - helped Alexei.

I had terrible dreams while watching. I had to fill out paperwork and crossword puzzles.

<

After CVS pharmacy I pulled into the STAPLES parking lot.

Friendly Dave helped me find my calendar for 2020.

He even asked me how my writing was coming along!!!

Embellished-Cuff Pullover Sweater

Rich n Ada bought me this lovely sweater from Chico's. I'll be wearing it at tonight's ND meeting.

Yawn. Bet you think all I do is eat cornbread, nap while watching great free YouTube films - currently an award winner from Sweden called PARKED - where strange things are going on for the main character.

MY CHICO'S SWEATER

In a suburb of Beijing
neutral colors of Polyesters
move slowly in the mid-day sun.

Different styles they have
mine has matching ribbing
along the cuffs and the wide bottom

Remarkably silent the herd of
Polyesters have only one purpose:
to attract a woman from
the UK, New Zealand, Dubai, Ethiopia
and everywhere a discerning woman
is to be found

They make her feel loved whenever
she puts it on. Soft as cashmere,
soft as Charmin or newly washed hair by
Portia at Hair Cuttery and you better
believe, Girl, I ain't
lying to You !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment