Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Wending me way to the Warminster Library



Everything was taken care of.
I had food in my belly so I wouldn't go low.
I had four copies of my new short story HOSPICE.
I had two sets of direx - one to Hatboro - thother to Norristown Road, where you wait for all the cars to pass and then make a left.

The library is on Emma Lane.

Go right or go left.

I went left and knew I'd gone the wrong way, so then I turned right and found the library. Had plenty of time to back in, and figured I'd wait for the teacher Eva R Priestly.

Left home very early praps 10 30, after sending out my postcards, including one to the woman featured in HOSPICE.

They wouldn't open the doors to our room until right on the button.

So I read a fairly interesting book by Michael Palin of Monty Python about traveling to North Korea.

 It may have been made into a documentary.

Only the teacher plus Joyce were there.

They liked my story HOSPICE and Joyce read PREDATOR. What an imagination she has.WHO was the predator? Was it Bill whose wife had died or was it the trespassing cat.

Then a man named Art comes in at the end. He produces a list of the titles of possible short stories and the teacher orders him to begin one of them.

Eva spent an hour reading the end of one of her short stories. I fell blissfully asleep. I drank no coffee today.

Then I followed Joyce onto York Road.

Decided to stop at the Hatboro Deli to buy some Asian food. The Asians who work there speak perfect English and also Korean.

Cognitive dissonance.

Bought a meat ball calzone and a carton of large eggs.

Asked the owner to heat it up for me in the microwave.

You don't have a microwave, he asked bewildered.

Not everybody has a microwave.

Before you rip that open, he said.

I don't want it, I said, and left it on the counter

Or the eggs either.

Grrrrrrrrrrr!


No comments:

Post a Comment