Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving November 28, 2019 - Farewell Lillian Moss


 Too boozey, they thought of my rum cake. would it be safe for Dan to drive me home?
Max is eating a big fat waffle. Looked delicious. Later I think he had mac n cheese.

 What a great traditional meal we had. Dan got me  Yuengling Lager, which I loved.
 Max was a wee bit sick.

So when we played later in the den, I had to sit away from him.
 Nicole made a new dish - Brussels Sprouts with balsamic vinegar. Scrumptious.
 Grace is learning to play the slide trombone.

What a beautiful instrument it is. Dyou think I could learn at the nearby Settlement Music School?




Her mom thinks it's an instrument for adults to play.



THANKSGIVING

Blue car picks me up
And I am whisked away
To Argyle Road
Where our clan will gather
Around 4 pm
We have the freedom to talk about anything we please
We can discuss the film The Irishman with Robert de Niro
Or the gawky president of the United States
We can make up our own words if we choose
And eat the best food in the world
Will we get drunk on Bubby’s dessert?
Gather around, my loves, and tell us
What you’re thankful for,
My answer is always the same: my family
And those who have gone before.
The young never believe they will get old
And the old can’t believe that aging happened
So fast.
Hold up our cups and drink to the nonsense,
The chaos, the boldness
Of the living world.   

<><>

We played Musical Chairs while Grace played the trombone.

We never knew when she'd stop and one chair was removed. 

Max was despondent when he lost.

As always.

His dad tried to cheer him up.

On the way home, Dan and I had a amazing conversation.

What is real and what is not?


Gimme a week or two and I'll look em up.

<><>

I looked em up now. So hard to understand, so if you want, look em up on Wiki, And remind me to send them a check

When I got home and checked my messages I saw that Ada's mother had died today, Thanksgiving Day, 2019. November 28. 

She was 110 years old. 

Ada was pleased with the care she got at Brandywine. Everyone will really miss her.

Each person/s death, I'm guessing, affects 200 other people.

And the beat goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment