Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Do I have a story for YOU!

THE OLD FRONT PORCH is one of those short stories that 'wrote itself.'

It was influenced by folks in our group plus others - Imani's dad, Bob, who became Major Robert O Scott - Rem, who listened to far-away radio stations when he drove me to New Directions - Cousin Mark who while stretching a canvas cut off the tip of his finger, which was reattached at the hospital in Cleveland.

AND late last night I'd read a couple of chapters of Winesburg, Ohio, with very odd people, lonely people, so we had one lonely old lady who was the daughter of a slave.

Why was I running late to the Warminster Library? I was stuffing myself with food so I wouldn't get low.

Wove thru the town of Hatboro, then found NORRISTOWN ROAD and made that crazy left, but I took the wrong turn down Emma Lane. You can go left or right.

Ended up in a development called Five Ponds. Rapped on some doors with mezuzahs on them. No one knew where the library was until I found one older woman. Wrote down her directions.

Ended up at Lancers Diner near the Horsham Navy Yard and just kept driving driving driving homeward bound.

How my heart pounded doing all this driving. Stayed in my lane while everyone passed me.

<><>
Watched a terrific film on YouTube called something like The Story of Tartuf, master spy. Very suspenseful. Starring Robert Donat with his pencil-thin moustache, Glynnis Johns, and a gorgeous woman whose name I will learn later.









No comments:

Post a Comment