Tuesday, November 19, 2019

ND meeting tonight - Rem will pick me up

This was quite delicious.

What dyou suppose it is?

Today I did a lot of reading.



The Institute is the best novel I've read in a long time. But please don't scare me. Look what it says!

Am bringing green grapes to the meeting in case I go LOW.

Am also reading CALL SIGN CHAOS by General James Mattis. Is he teaching me to be a better leader? Yes, I think so.

After 9/11 he thought the USA could rout Al Qaeda and bin Laden quickly and wrap up the war.



Ada's mom continues her slow decline.

My mom is desperately trying to clean out her paperwork. She begged me to come over today to go thru her Letters from when she and dad went to Europe.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Right now, Mom, you're the best mother you've ever been.
I'm hampered, she said, I used to do a lot more for you girls.
Like mustangs running in the high Colorado hills
We fight amongst ourselves, and you know what?
It matters not a whit.

She wanted me to come over and help her with her papers
Years ago when she wore a warm beaver coat and an amber watch
from Aunt Ethel, she and dad flew to Europe.

The best days of their lives.

Letters fill the drawers in David's blue bedroom
He, like Dad, and her brother Don, have all gone home.

You're all grown up now, Mom, I said,
Just do it, I know you can.

Sure, I cried inside, but toughness is
what's wanted, before we all disappear
like the nightingale bidding us
farewell.

<><>

Okay, back to the Stephen King book called... The Institute.


No comments:

Post a Comment