Thursday, November 7, 2019

Photo of Dad, Harold J Greenwold - I had marvelous tho sad REM dreams - Poem: Red Nail Polish

Here I am, sitting on Red Couch in warm beret, having had quite a morning. After the garbage men arrived, I drove down the street to the Giant to buy a new pan for sauteing since the other one was burnt solid.

PLOP! Into my regular garbage can it went. I had a choice of an aluminum pan or a ceramic one. Since aluminum is associated with Alz disease, I bought the enamel. Funny if that's associated with criminal activity.

My short story THEY'RE ALL GONE NOW - is that the right name? - which I wrote in my usual two hours before our Warminster writing group  - got great reviews from Rem, Lynn and even Scott.

I've gotta fix it up, tho, before I figure out where to submit it.

Mad Swirl would be a good place but it takes em 8 months to publish your stuff. Hold on and I'll see if they've published anything o mine.

Quite a few things, it turns out.

Now, after I came home with my loot from Giant, I snuggled under the covers, read some (as my ex husband would say) and fell asleep. Slept for almost an hour.

Woke up listening to a 'new song' from the late Leonard Cohen, which his son worked on for good ole Hallelujah Dad.

Scott told me Verizon had come to fix the downed wires.

These were not good dreams. My dad was lying on his side on a gurney getting treatment for his cancer, I spose. He had very thin hair.

Then I was pacing in a small space where a jerk - my word for a-hole - was refusing to cooperate with staff.

As you know I'm reading a bio of General Mattis, a Marine. My dad was a Marine. He, like all Marines, went through all these exercises to get ready for combat. The Marines, unlike other men of service, always start with Infantry Exercises, the toughest.

The Infantry rushes the enemies. Mattis initiated a new policy of congratulating the men in the infantry and giving them awards.

General James 'Mad Dog' Mattis Is A Quote Machine | RedState

He's 69, born in 1950, in Pullman, Michigan.

Sorry Dad I dunno how to turn you around.

Just ran after Mailman Dante, who brought a Letter from David Robertson w two spectacular photos of Livermore CO, where he and Mary live.

Send me a request and they shall be yours.

I sent David a postcard of mine from Greenpeace of two orangutans holding each other.



=
RED NAIL POLISH

Finally after many a year
I've turned into a fancy lady again.
You need not know a thing about me
Music and poetry and Chekhov
are my great loves
I can read anywhere
Even sitting, yoga position,
on the living room rug,
counting my blessings, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment