Saturday, November 16, 2019

Lillian Moss - Ingrid - Mark Rothko - Poem: My roof is assaulted


Underneath her embroidered black dress, Amina wore a long-sleeve shirt to cover her arms, and she ditched the tradition of having a chambelán and celebrating a Catholic Mass.

Can you make out this photo? It's a new way of celebrating Latinas Rite of Passage Day, which I grabbed from the NY Times.

I LOVE fancy dresses. The woman is following her father's orders and wearing long sleeves so as not to show any skin. 

Ada's mother is about 110 yrs old. She is starting not to eat. This bodes that Lillian Moss is homeward bound, or heaven-bound, tho they are not believers. They'll have a graveside service at Levine's. Pre-planned, as they say.

I sent Lillian a long letter yesterday. Her family reads it to her. Also sent a note to Blanche Lipshutz on the occasion of her 95th birthday. And the chase was on, me driving to find Mailman Dante.

There's not much heat in my upstairs office. I did sleep in my clothes but I just added my warm PJ top from DKNY.




Donna Karan.

<> <>

My sister Ellen and I visited Ingrid and Craig at Christ's Home. She is being put out to pasture soon bc of "nodules" in her lungs.

I insisted a nurse come in to tell her and me what she is suffering from.

In other words, like it or not, she will be in hospice, and die soon.

Years ago, I visited them on Webster Ave and wrote a great poem for the two of them. Ingrid loved it.

I will bury my sorrows by writing a short story about her. I've pre-planned it.

<> <>

Last night I watched a drama about the artist Mark Rothko, played by a shaven headed Albert Molino.

Brilliant and depressing. I fell asleep at the end.

I was at the Rothko Chapel when I lived in Houston.

Image result for rothko chapel

Morning has come. Did a lil reading in bed about the origin of the Nancy Drew books. It's readably boring.

MY ROOF IS ASSAULTED BY FLYING OBJECTS

D-dap D-dap-dap
Seeds from trees
Tiny pine cones
Tree bark
Hollow sour berries

But at Christ's Home
where the appointment with death
comes soon, the unwilling prisoner
a long-time friend of mine
will argue with her husband
and we hope leaving him with
last words that will comfort
him when she's gone.







No comments:

Post a Comment