Monday, April 29, 2019

Monday Morning Cold Poem - Happy Birthday Patrick

Apology:

Format don't work right.
Nevermind. My 10 readers will understand.

COLD

Wrapped in my paisley comforter
I feel the cold seep through the shuttered
window behind me, tiny dust motes
like snowflakes twizzling through the air.

After a breakfast of oatmeal and dried fruit
I pounce outside to see what's become
of the world.

The birdbath has frozen!
A sheet of ice, not fit for
skating has barred every single
bird in the neighborhood
from bathing or singing
in the shower.

Soon, my little darlings,
Soon.

*

Ladies and Gentlemen -

Let's give a special welcome
here at the Prescott, Arizona, Rodeo
to Pat Kiernan, celebrating
his 50th birthday today at the
oldest rodeo in America.

That man can ride!

With wife Sue sippin a beer
and kids Ian and Patrick lickin their
fingers from the famous sausage
burgers with mustard

Patrick holds up one arm in the air
barely mussing up his black hair and
rawhide pants as the ending bell
clang clang clang signals Victory.

Good going Mr Kiernan at fifty.

*

Now, if you'll excuse me I've got 3 books to read in my oh-so-comfy bed.

Chernobyl at Midnight
Linda Hamilton's Disobediance for Reading Group, men and women both and they love it!!!John Sandford's Predator book

*

Last night on Austin City Limits I discovered Father John Misty. Listen to him here. 
Honeybear was my favorite song. He goes around hugging people

No comments:

Post a Comment