Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Flowers galore - Poem: Lilies of the Valley


 Above is where the Lily of the Valley grows. It's now on the shelf by the kitchen window. Mixed in is Sweet Woodruff given to me by my friend CC.

Scott and I walked around the block. I'll meet him on his deck.

My sister Ellen was here and we took her on a tour of his renovated house, including the huge deck.

Had to photograph the lilies in the dark, on the steps to the basement.

A guy named Phillip Eliot (sp) wanted to follow me on some website. He rejected my great story Two Men. I think he wants all his followers to buy his crime fiction book.

It's possible I will self-publish my novel. The way my friend Nick Breslin did his book of essays.

We always say, If they can do it, so can I !

LILLIES OF THE VALLEY

Simplicity itself.
Like a lace curtain.
Or a candle glowing in the night.

Look deeper.
On the slender bendable
stalk, swing tiny beads
like pearls.

The story of their ancestors
shines through. Lavender
soft as a cat's ear comes
from within

And, oh that smell,
that aroma, heaven
clumb down to earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment