Saturday, April 27, 2019

Poem: Lonely as a Maiden Aunt


LONELY AS A MAIDEN AUNT

Alone in my bed
used paisley coverlet atop me
I feel all alone
and am.

I could read
I could listen to music
I could close my eyes
and remember days
when the kids still lived here.

What's that sound?
High winds sailing in
like a Vivaldi Concerto
for Spring

A chorus played on all
the trees on our street
dare I go outside
in my PJs
hold out my arms
as if I'll fly away?

No one can stop me.

*

Image result for tree

Shortly, we're driving to Jersey to celebrate my sister Donna's 70th birthday.

Uber.

I had misplaced by purple camera. Had it last night for bloggin. Looked between all the red cushions on couch. Then went into coat closet and there it was in the pocket of my fancy black rhinestone cowboy jacket.

Who had put it there?

Packed a bag full of goodies in case I get low. An apple and cheese. And ate hummus and carrots.

Folks we'll see include

Nikki and Dr Mel, who planned the surprise party.

Sarah Lynn Deming, my very own daughter.

Mom isn't going. Ina will be there to take c/o her.

Dad? Hey, Dad, where'd you go? Haven't seen you in ages!

Deborah Lew Harder on WRTI is playing Dance Patterns. Let's listen here.


No comments:

Post a Comment