Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Ms rejected - Poem: Green Meadows

I held my breath, as I waited to read their decision:

Hello Ruth,

Hope you are doing well and enjoying a better weather!
I am sorry that I could not get back to you sooner.  
Thank you for sharing your well-written fictional manuscript for consideration to publish with the Auctus Publishers.
The  members of the Editorial advisory board strongly feel that Auctus should continue focusing on its current themes on memoirs, true stories, non-fiction, and historical fictionals and hence your manuscript is out of consideration.
I hope that you find a publisher whose focus meets the content of the manuscript.
With kind regards,

***
It's fine with me as there would be loads of work to do.

***
I should write a poem a day, don't you think?

***
Click to enlarge.

Both the pink birdhouse and the yellow one are inhabited. 

The birds might be sparrows or wrens.





Can you see the robins?

GREEN MEADOWS

Swaths of green meadows
line my street. The sun
a lifetime away, cast its
violent turbulent light
to do what it will to
the Earth.


Joe was across the street. Mailed something to my friend Carlos.

Swaths of green threaded with pink bleeding hearts.

73 degrees outside.

I may visit my next door neighbor now.

In shorts? Why not?





No comments:

Post a Comment