Monday, April 22, 2019

Shout Hallalujah! My Comcast email is fixed!

A YOUNG MAN AND HIS TRUCK
dedicated to Lance Lempert

Lance the Leopard (Lempert)
stepped boldly from his truck.
He had a job to do and came
down from Bensalem town
like St George slaying
the Dragon.

His steed, the Xfinity van,
clambered with instruments
which Lance wore around his belt
like a knight in armor.

His eyes focused like diamonds
as he texted the rest of his team
Seemed like he was here for hours
Time stood still as his
Legs were stretched out on the Red Couch
performing analyses like only Einstein
or Johannes Kepler knew.

I clasped my hands in silent prayer
This was, after all, the Holiest
Time of year. I wanted my
Comcast resurrected.

Confidence shone from his eyes
from the diamonds on both ears
Slowly I heard the strains from
Handel's Hallelujah, bringing
me to tears.



All in a day's work.

Feel free to email me at RuthDeming at Comcast.net.

YOU MUST listen to Ethan Iverson's posts on the piano work of a nun. Click here.

I'm gonna groove to her right now!

1 comment:

  1. 1) Loved the poem about Lance the Comcast guy!!!!
    2) Thank you so much for posting about my book and for the neat poem you wrote about me. I have a birthday one from you up on my wall in the bedroom. (My book is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and selected CT bookstores.

    3) Doesn't look a thing like Kim but appreciate the sentiment...I will find a photo for you. You don't have to post it.
    4) Love Ethan's music!
    5)Wish I would remember to read your blog on a regular basis. I have tried to subscribe in the past, so I would remember to read it regularly, but it doesn't seem to work. Could Dan Deming help me out?
    6) I know my penmanship is horrid so glad you could decipher what I inscribed
    Thank you!.

    ReplyDelete