Sunday, April 21, 2019

Lunch at Mom's - Detour to her house - Poem: Patience

Called Lynn to ask if she could bring lunch for mom.

She said she'd just emailed me and I said my email doesn't work.

I wrote a poem about this when I sent an email to New Directions.

PATIENCE

So difficult to be patient
about the failure of my Comcast
I must remind myself of the tender
leaves on the trees
unfurling according
to rhythms of their own

Or the daffodils whose
time has come and gone
how we miss the brilliant
yellow only the Almighty
could create

So much to be thankful
for. Spending Passover
with Mom and the Family.
Cousin Roz called from
Cleveland with her
midwestern twang. Calls
everyone "You Doll!"

Out my office window upstairs
the lacey leaves remind
me of new life. Were I
a squirrel, you'd find me
scrabbling to the topmost
branches, king of the world.

***

Lorie of the Philippines is sending out a service rep tomro.

Scott said it would do no good

Last night we drove to N J for a seder. Scott read from the Haggadah which came with a box of matzoh. Mom remembered when it came with Maxwell House Coffee, which was also printed on the Hagadah.

Natalie's matzoh ball soup was superb. Added attractions were parsley, turnips, carrots.

Several people died in the family. Pop - Scott's dad - Carole and Steve Rorer, the parents of Dan Rorer and his sister Amy.

Who's gonna make the delicious deviled eggs that Carole made, I asked. She and I used to love chatting, before she got dementia and Alzheimer and stopped recognizing people in the home.

Out came the deviled eggs made by Debbie.

Two of em, cold, and tasting like royal jelly must for honeybees.

What's dis?

Matzoh spinach Lynnie made for lunch.




My short story Will I Die of a Heat Stroke was published by Adelaide Review.

Anudder story DISMISSED was rejected from XXXX who followed up with, Be sure to submit again.

Never! was my one word response.

BOUQUETS FOR THE PROM was my offering for our Sat writing group.



Kremp advertised to buy your prom flowers.

Was so busy today I forget to check the NY Times.

HORRIFIC NEWS.  Killings in three SRI LANKAN CITIES!

This morning I watched a good Netflix film THE END OF THE TOUR about David Foster Wallace. It made me cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment