Monday, April 8, 2019

Lovely Monday morning - Poem: Poached Egg


When I view these words, I rejoice:

Mad Greetings, Ruth:

Whoa, a realistic family drama in a little more than two pages!
Moments in life are perpetual but recounting the ordinary onto paper
is the madness that should be celebrated. It’s like finding the pulse
of life and we can’t wait to share it with our readers...

Read it here!

http://madswirl.com/short-stories/2019/04/a-quiet-thanksgiving/

The link didn't work.

Honestly I had no idea what story they were talking about.

My 96-yo mom told me the story. The guy's real name is Richard Star, I believe, and they may never let him out of his prison in Arizona.

* * *

What a great day we had yesterday at Mom's, where we meet every Sunday. I bought bean soup I made from dried limas and black-eyed peas. Rotel Tomatoes which I learned about from my drunken friend Jackie Smith in Texas. Also maranara sauce from Paul Newman.

Since there's a detour on Byberry Road, as a bridge is being repaired, it took me 40 mins to get there.

You mean you actually planned ahead, Ruthie?

Lynn was there, too, and said she was bit by a rose bush when she got out of her car.

Later, Matt and Jade and Kaia Rose arrived.

I have photos of all of us but don't know how to load them on my blog. Grrrrrrr.

* * *
Gonna leave shortly for Second Home for the Elderly.

***
On the Create.org channel I watch on 39.1 in Bethlehem, PA, one of the chefs made a poached egg, so guess what I made this morning?

POACHED EGG

I cracked two brown eggs into a pot
of boiling water, white foam overflowed
onto the electric range, as I watched
mesmerized.

Timer on the side, I reacted
at each ding, pulling out after
8 minutes, my sophisticated
poached egg.

Poached? Though the two
were lovely, and I salted
and peppered them,
they were hard-boiled
eggs, and you bet
I was disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment