Sunday, April 28, 2019

Donna's 70th Bday Party - cast includes Sarah Lynn, Carlos, Mary, Dr Mel and Nik, Joyce Burke Margolis and more

Quote of the day:  Uncle Richie is buying a new boat!

 Sisters - Amy is making martinis - strong!
 Hands down, David was the fastest runner there.
 Meredith and her two sons were there.
 Donna has a green thumb. She and I both have plants from Winnie Bannigan even tho Winnie is long gone.

 Scott and me. I'm sposed to be at his house on Sunday, today, for film noir.
 Nikki always looks sensational. This was a short purple dress.
 I call this Donna's Gift Shop.


 Childhood friend Joyce who didn't like me calling her glamorous. Her older brother fought in Vietnam and is still married to the same woman.
 Tyler bought a 2004 Jaguar.

 Josh and girlfriend Alicia. I told her there's a famous Spanish pianist - view on YouTube - name of Alicia de Larrocha,

 Part of my dinner, including lasagna, beans n rice, and salada, and broccoli.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNA CARTAGENA

Whoever thought you'd be a
Cartagena?

Whoever thought you'd move
to Jersey, where the tomatoes
are sweet and juicy.

Remember in Cleveland we'd eat them
with a pinch of salt?

I could always count on you, Donna.
You picked me up and drove me home
thru the iron gates of the loony bin.

We're all survivors and live
in the here and now.

Like me, you love the clouds
scampering thru the sky.

And trees! They have souls
I'm sure you know.

You're surrounded by children
who keep you young.

You're still a beaut!

Pour me a hot cup of Starbucks, please,
no room for cream.

I tip big.

 Donna has Buddhas all over her house.
 Patrick is a talented jazz musician. He and his Aunt Donna were playing Heart and Soul, which we played with Daddy when we were kids.
 Ellen talks to Mary, who drove us home. Carlos sat in front with a cast on his broken foot.
 Scott, the observer.

 This is a red bud tree. Mine died several yrs ago and I planted a lilac in its place.
 Sarah Lynn arrives. She
 Dig Sarah's shoes. Trish sits at table. Her daughter Danielle came with.
Sarah brought an advance copy of GRAVITY, her novel, coming out in November.


Some cake!!! From Costco.

I AM THIRSTY

A great thirst overwhelmed me
After a birthday party
where vanilla cake with
white icing spread its
sugary joy across the table

At home, I simply
walked into the bathroom
while stars shone in the milky way
turned on the faucet and
drank an entire cup
of cold refreshing water.

No comments:

Post a Comment