Saturday, April 6, 2019

My tardy novel - Poem: Great Expectations

First of all, it is FREEZING inside my house. When I went outside on my stoop it was freezing as well.

It is FREEZING out here, I said.

Going up to mid-60s said Debra Lou Harder from WRTI.

A red cardinal flew across my yard and presumably to Scott's birdfeeders.

Was up submitting last night.

Stories I sent off over the high seas, the lowlands, the cold water where you could die of hypothermia were:

Dismissed, Amsterdam, and Finding Kramer, Still have to mail off THE CANOE.

Discovered a new online lit mag called Better than Starbucks.

As I lay snug in bed, having spent time reading The Chopin Bio - he was a prodigal - my neck was killing me. Pillow madness.

Discovered many forgotten clothes as I rumbled through the drawers on Aunt Ethel's huge bureau. To get to my bed I must slither thru like a snake.

Today is Max's 6th birthday. It's always mobbed but word was that Sarah will be there.

Max pronounced my b'day card Awesome.

In 2011 I wrote a short novel, loosely based on my former dead boyfriend, Simon Baniewicz. It was edited by novelist Nicole Bokat, who said it was ready to show an agent.

Maybe 75 agents rejected it.

I found a new agent, Krish, who said he'd publish it.

This should be very exciting, but time measures all things.

Will meet him and his wife at the Starbucks Cafe inside the Giant supermarket on Tuesday.

While submitting, I ate a hunk of Havarti cheese and baby carrots.

I am hongry!

Eggs? Oatmeal? Banquet for the New Lunar Year?  Bought them stamps at the Hatboro PO, plus bright-colored spring flowers. Wish I could plant em and they'd bloom.

Did I tell you my spring peepers article was published in The Times Chronicle-Public Spirit? Asked the editor to mail me the hyperlink so I could send to my friends and frogs and toads.



Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel. The kids loved it and so will you!

Arnold Stark Lobel (May 22, 1933 – December 4, 1987) was an American author of children's books, including the Frog and Toad series and Mouse Soup.

* * *

GREAT EXPECTATIONS

The chilly day
will warm up.
The sun, round as
a button, peeps out now
and will rouse the fox
the antlered deer
the chipmunk hiding
beneath my deck
and I too shall be
roused.

Comment; Scott tried to leave a comment but it wouldn't work.

Nice poem, we won't have to wait too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment