Thursday, August 18, 2022

The day is still young

Early today, I walked around block in warm plaid nightgown. Why? The CPAC machine freezes me bones! And, yes, I still have those dreadful marks on my face.

Big breakfast and sat in my lounge chair by our crops, believing, erroneously, that Neighbor Patrick had killed all the Yellow Jackets.

They simply moved, smart little critters. No cursing here please!

Wrote THE GARBAGE COLLECTOR as today's short story. I knew it was quite good.

Ellen dropped me off at Warminster Library.

Clark Road. 

Most people were there. A man who reads all the time wrote a sing-song poem about flying from Philly to Paris.

Vern, the man with the dog, Abby, wrote an amusing essay about trying to meet a woman. And there was Abby right under the table.

Someone just called me. Who? I am terrified to find out. MSF reads the initials. 

Sister Ellen agreed to pick me up early from the writing group and pulled in just as I was leaving and having gone to the Bain, or bathroom, I think is the name.

She agreed to take me out to lunch. We named some Hatboro PA restaurants and settled at THE HATBORO DISH, highly rated and very good.

Maureen was our waitress. We sat near an impaired man in wheelchair who lived nearby. Finally before Ellen and I left, his female dining companion arrived.


Ellen could not believe how tiny a hummingbird is. About four inches I told her.

I got off ONE POSTCARD today after the writing group.

To Cousin Sally. Sally was always my favorite name for dolls I had.

I am really enjoying my very cold water Ellen has in the fridge. Hold on while I take another gulp.

Good Lord, where is my handkerchief?

Whew! HONK HONK HONK!


George Segal (1934-2021). 

Believe it or not, Ripley, there were several TV screens at the Dish and one of them showed my CPAP Machine.

Can you see what a terror it is putting it on? 

BREATHE IN AND OUT, IN AND OUT, IN AND OUT.

I did manage last night to watch the entire four hours of LES MISERABLES. Ellen heard it all the way in her bedroom next door.

They had the old cast and the new cast.

It is my sister Donna's favorite and she introduced me to it, right Donna? 






No comments:

Post a Comment