Monday, August 8, 2022

Mom's 100th Birthday

 

Thanks sister Lynn for stopping over.

We had so much to talk about. Too bad Mommy or Daddy weren't here.

Lynn also brought me two GORGEOSO summer dresses I will wear, starting tomorrow.

I am still struggling with something fantastic to watch on the Internet.

Just watched a BIO SHOW about Dwight David Eisenhower. 

He was championed by numerous top generals, never believing that he himself would be head of the Invasion of Normandy and the scheduling of D Day. Wonder if my son Dan knows about him, since he loves history. So does his son Max, age, oh, about 6.

Did I mention I found a cache of letters I had written and which were hiding under an end table. Many of the letters were to my brother David. I was constantly trying to make him think and was teaching him things. 

Makes me feel good as I believed he was terribly unhappy most of his life.

He was a great music lover and took piano lessons with the great Mrs Tamacchio, who won an award for teaching 'challenged' children.

She came to David's bar mitzvah at Keneseth Israel.



No comments:

Post a Comment