Monday, August 29, 2022

KAT ARRIVED AND WE DID MEMORY EXERCISES

 Ekaterina (Kat) had a set of memory exercises that were tough, but I did remember most of them.

We discussed my friend Beatriz who is in hospice at Sunrise Apartments in Abington PA.

The point of hospice is to provide comfort while the person is dying. Food is unnecessary. 

Morphine is given.

We have no idea how long it will take for our BELOVED BEATRIZ to die.

Linda Barrett and I drove there. We had no idea where she was.

Park anywhere, I said to Linda, so we parked in a lot - do not enter, I believe - and began the long haul to finding where she was.

We had to take our temperatures - just one of us - Linda - and then we took the elevator to the second floor.

Elevators were HUGE. Push your way on first, I said to Linda, or else we'll be standing on the landing forever.

Once MORPHINE is administered, the end is near. 

B had a bed near the window.

A drawing was there, some type of dog, fantastically detailed.

Guess who had signed it?

Beatriz. 

Beatriz Moisset. 

I mentioned to Carlene, the caretaker, that Beatriz was famous. Ran our writing group. Was ever so talented, knew all there was about pollinators.

Had written books, was often sited for her research. 

Multiple myeloma. 

FIND A WEBSITE AND DONATE.

Now!!!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment