Friday, August 26, 2022

Out already to the Giant Supermarket.... listened to news on WHYY radio before getting outa bed

 which looks nuffin like our olde familiar supermarket.

Scott drove us as our last GIANT DIRECT order contained NO EGGS at all.

Not even caviar, which as you remember, are the eggs of the roe.


And very salty. I ate these when I lived on California Street in San Francisco. The landlord would give them to me, hoping I'd do him a favor in return, which I did not.

At this refurbished Giant there is a teensy place to order Starbucks coffees. Since I am saving up to be rich, I make my coffee at home, or don't drink it at all.

Withdrawl symptoms may be worse than heroin.

A few things I remember from the news are the homeless people in Washington State.

They live out in the open or in tents.

THIS IS AMERICA, goddammit. How can we let this happen.

....

Last night on PBS News Hour, the Supreme Court voted 6 to 3 - it's called THE ROBERTS COURT - to put barriers in the way of helping CLIMATE CHANGE.

Elena Kagan wrote a furious dissent. You go girl, go!!!

Look! Our A/C is going full blast. 

How do you spell hypocrite?

....

Right now in my possession, from the Upper Moreland Public Library, is the book THE WRIGHT BROTHERS by David McCullough.

I had seen him and Ken Burns on a TV show and it was utterly fascinating.


David Gaub McCullough is an American author, narrator, popular historian, and lecturer. He is a two-time winner of the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award and a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the United States' highest civilian award. Wikipedia




No comments:

Post a Comment