Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Visiting Eileen at Brookside in Roslyn PA - Memories of Liz Bowman, RIP and Sandy Bender archytect

I'd just gotten home from Barnes and Nobel with a box of Polymer Clay for Mom .

She needs something to make in order to feel productive.

Then Jill Alexander, the caregiver of Eileen next door, asked me if I wanted to visit Eileen in her new home Brookside in Roslyn PA.

Off we drove in her orange car which advertises the Philadelphia Flyers.

The place is huge!

Here's their website.




Eileen was sitting in a wheelchair in the hallway.

She looked wonderful. She and Jill picked up where they had left off with their verbal games. She speaks very well, loud and clear, but total nonsense.

Eileen wasn't eating properly which I thought was simply a transition from one home to another.

I was not impressed at all by the aides, but I think that might occur at all nursing homes. Do not think I am defending them, I am not!!!!

Did I tell you my 10 percent off card from B and N lasts through May?

I bought a smoky white latte plus Harney and Sons Fine Teas, Pumpkin Spice Tea with Caffeine.

Harney and Sons Tea - Hot Cinnamon Spice - 30 count

I'm sitting there sipping the smoky white latte and thinking, Lemme go home, I have so much to do.

That's me, trying to relax.

As Jill and I drove home, we looked at all the rundown houses in the neighborhood.



A great architect could have a field day with these.

Is Sandy Bender still around?

Yes, he is.

Here he is on my blog.



Liz Bowman, author of The Compleat Gardener, in the Times Herald, of Norristown, passed away.

When that woman was alive, she had more life in her than ten women.

Miss you Liz!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment